Tabasco Mexico
Governor
Arturo Núñez Jiménez
Representative
Ricardo Fitz Mendoza
Secretario de Energía, Recursos Naturales y Portección Ambiental
Representative
Carlos Francisco Reyes Abreu
Subsecretario

The state of Tabasco represents 1.26% of the country's area. By 2015, the state of Tabasco is divided into 17 municipalities. The 95.5% of the surface of the state presents warm humid climate, the remaining 4.5% is subhumid climacálido toward the eastern part of the state.

The average annual temperature in latitude is 27 ° C, the average maximum temperature is 36 ° C and it is present in May, the average minimum temperature is 18.5 ° C during the month. The average state rainfall is 2 550 mm annually, rainfall occurs throughout the year, being more abundant in the months of June to October.

The hot humid climate favors the cultivation of banana, papaya, orange, lemon, coconut, cocoa, rice, maize and pepper, among others.

  The state surface is part of the provinces: PlainsCostera of the South Gulf and Sierras de Chiapas and Guatemala[1]

Summary

Total Land Area
24,661 km²[2]
1 % of Mexico's Total Area
% of Land That Is Forest
11 %
Deforestation Trend

Demographics

Population of State/Province
--
% of National Population
--
Urban vs. Rural Population
Sources:[4]
Ethnic Groups

Economy

State/Province GDP
MXN 3[5]
Annual Per Capita Income
--
GDP Breakdown
Sources:[6]
Human Development Index
--
Main Exports
--

Forest Status

Original Forest Area
2,668 km²[7]
Current Forest Area
2,823 km²[8]
Total Forest Carbon
--
Major Vegetation Types
Forest Management
Deforestation Rates
Total Area Deforested
--
Main Deforestation Drivers
1. Land change use 2. Fires 3. Illegal logging[9]

Sources

Overview
1. INEGI.
Summary
2. INEGI.
Demographics
3. cuentame Inegi.
4. INEGI.
Economy
5. INEGI.
6. INEGI.
Forest Status
7. Linea Base - tabasco.
8. Linea Base - Tabasco.
9. SERNANP.